Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sooooo long!

Well, it's about time I write something :) I finished my AmeriCorps program with 2,000+ volunteer hours. I miss it. A lot. I guess I remembered blogging because I have so much free time before school starts.

Along with remembering about blogs, I've been getting excited for the fair season! Haha yes, I admit it. I'm excited for the Navajo Nation Fair in Window Rock ...and what the heck, even Shiprock. In the past, I've complained about the fair being too dirty, dusty, blah blah blah, but who am I kidding? I've had a blast each year that I went!

Visiting family and discovering new relatives; waking up at 5 a.m. to get a good spot for the parade; eating a breakfast burrito filled with spam and potatoes; watching my Uncle getting beat by old grandmas in the frybread making contest; eating Navajo burgers to my little stomach's content; checking out the Men of the Navajo Nation calendar guys, haha just kidding; gawking at Native celebrities; watching the powwow; oh so many things to list!

I tried uploading some videos of the Fair, but it's taking for. ev. er. I will try again later. In the meanwhile, here is a picture I got off of Google. Look how long the parade route is! We use to camp overnight for a spot. Now we walk down the road with our chairs until we find some relatives of ours. Then make ourselves cozy (after they invite us of course). Smart? I would like to think so ...it was my Uncle's idea.






1 comment:

  1. Oh Yeah! I remember the "FAIR". Yes - dirty and dusty and your forgot; HOT! And your right.....it was A LOT of fun!

    ReplyDelete